That picture captures the ideal feeling of weekend for me - Putting distance between work and the week that passed and chilling out in the present with the comfort of that distance. Yet, it doesn't always happen!
Why do we work on weekends?
- Anyhow, would you be interested in a five course coffee dinner? Method: Caffeination & Fare in Dallas, Texas, feature a monthly Coffee Dinner - a five-course meal focused on creating dishes that pair with coffee. As a coffee lover, this really speaks to me. Even otherwise, I would love to try it just to see if I am still awake after the fourth course of a paired dinner !
- Yes, yes, we know good food takes time. But, sometimes you just want a good sandwich at home. NY Times spoke to famed sandwich makers around the city for tips to make better sandwiches. Quite insightful. I really like the talk about schmearing.
- Obviously, they are putting all that insight to good use in this deceptively simple sandwich!
- Switching gears, You can't SAVE Detroit, You gotta BE Detroit - OH yes! That's attitude. A great promo by the city to showcase it's people strength - Taking Back Detroit.
- Have you ever thought about what security guards do or think? No? Me neither. But here is a glimpse through a witty article about The Secret Life of a Public Library Security Guard.
- I wish we could bring world peace through food. Wait! It can actually happen. More of this and less of conflict? Or, maybe we'll all just eat at The Conflict Kitchen!
- Not so much Omnivore's Dilemma but a compact to-do list for healthy eating. I like how actionable and easy to check off they are. But I have a dilemma with this one - Treat all beverages with calories in them as you would alcohol - What if I really, really like alcohol?!
- It don't matter who sits on that hot seat - Democrat or Republican. The average income of the bottom 90% in the US grew 5x between 1930 and 1970 and then stayed pretty flat!
- Much ado about Marijuana - Seattle to Ireland. Will we plunge into the 70s again? I shudder thinking about the bell bottoms though!
- Last but not least, I am glad I can still salvage my soul. I am making my Moral Bucket List right now.