After that tease last week, here are the full details on the upcoming Food Styling and Photography Workshop! It will be a half day focus on understanding the elements of food photography with assignments to work on technique as well developing your own style signature.
Date: July 12, 2014
Time: 1PM - 5PM
Price: $250 PP
You will learn about the following topics through hands on instruction as well as in-class practice assignments and take home work (optional) that help you find your creative angle.
1. Handling camera settings and light management for natural light photography
You will understand various camera settings and how they respond to different shooting conditions, manage changing light through the day, as well as get tips on how to work the light you have.
2. Basics of Styling
Getting the right shot involves making the connection between colors, textures, mood, story and perception. We will play with subjects under different settings to develop an intuitive relation with how the elements interact with each other in our eyes as well as through the lens.
3. Minimalist shooting techniques
Food photography needs some props but we will learn what are the basics you need and how to maximize your available resources without spending too much on gadgets, lenses, props.
4. Photographing Difficult Subjects
Monochrome subjects can be challenging to photograph. We will work on external elements that can be used to prop up and define the subject to make it visually distinct and alluring.
5. Evaluation, Collaborative critique on assignments and Q&A. Plus, take away assignment that you can send in for follow up feedback.
Finally, we close with tea, cake and some bubbly to celebrate a good day's work and learning!
1. All material and backdrops for styling and shooting assignments
2. Printed learning material on all topics covered
3. Snacks and beverages post workshop
Does not include
1. Travel or accommodation
2. Camera equipment
Workshop is open to all level of skills and expertise. Limited to 10 participants
To register and book your spot, click here